Wednesday 24 September 2014

Galloway Gallop

I took part in the most scenic sportive I have ever entered on Sunday. The Galloway Gallop Adventure Cross. It was 67 miles of cross country (fire road, singletrack, tarmac) for mountain bike or for Cyclocross bikes through the Galloway hills, Glen Trool, Loch Trool, Dee and Clatteringshaws. I chose the hard mans option obviously and did the long route on my Cube X-Race cross bike.
For the end of September the weather was as perfect as you could ask for. Bright sunshine, not too warm, no wind and no rain.
Only thing (nearly) spoiling the day was a ripped tyre and two punctures as a result, but luckily they happened within yards of a steward who helped me shape up a "get to the finish" repair.
Riding time just over 5hrs 15 mins for one of the most scenic challenges I have ever done.
Now for the cross racing season to begin.......








No comments:

Post a Comment