Sunday 13 March 2016

Loch Doon and Gelntrool

I enjoyed one of the best days I have had on the bike last weekend. On a crisp sunny day I put the bike on the roof and headed to Dalmellington. I was growing a bit tired of my local roads and needed a break and also the local roads in East Ayrshire are terrible. I parked just of the main road and headed up the side of Loch Doon before taking the forest drive over to the Glentrool road. I decided to climb the Tairlaw and head to Gelntrool as it was such a great day.
The visitor centre at Glentrool is open again and as a result I was able to have a great coffee and the best brownie I have ever had. (salted caramel flavour)
I headed back over the Tairlaw to take the climbing over the 1000m mark and headed back to the car via Straiton and Dalmellington.
I think I will do more drive and bike days. It keeps it refreshing and allows cycles to further a field roads less travelled.








No comments:

Post a Comment