Saturday 9 December 2017

Cyclocross Winter 17

So the Cyclocross Scottish Season is over (kind of: There's a postponed race slotted in for February) with the Super Quaich races to come in the new year. I feel I have done a lot better this season. I have moved up at least a good 10-15 places on average. I am placing in the 50's which to the rest of the public must sound poor but with races of over 120 competitors some of which have competed professionally or the Olympics I feel that's not to bad. In all races I have been finishing ahead of those guys I usually find myself racing around so I am pleased.
The races were an unusally slipper Callander Park in Falkirk, Muckfest at Fife College, a greasy Lochore Meadows and my favourite sand storm at Irvine Beach. Irvine was my best performance of the year and my favourite day to as, you can see from the pictures below, my daughter made her cyclocross debut coming 10th in the under 8 category which being only 5 is awesome.
I'd still like to get better though and although I'm never going to win these races I think I can do better.
Anyway check out the stats and a selection of pics below.
















No comments:

Post a Comment