Wednesday 11 April 2018

eXCuses at Dalbeattie

So i decided to give some mountain bike XC a try this year, going back to my roots in cycling. As you will have noted I recently bought a carbon Giant Advanced 1 XTC from rutlandcycling.com and this seemed like the perfect tool for the job. The bike was superb and handled everything with grace.....unlike its rider.
If I am being honest my legs were still gubbed from 6000m of climbing in Tenerife earlier in the week. Sounds like an excuse but you've got to find some somewhere!
 I came 10th which is not to bad but that was 2 and a half hours of hard racing. Fire road and the singletrack was fine but tge off piste sections were a muck bath and full of exposed roots making it unrideable. Running is my nemesis at the best of times so it lost me a few places. Any how I enjoyed the day and there is something cathartic about the muck and wet when you're on the mountain bike....saying that though here's to drier days ahead.









No comments:

Post a Comment