Saturday 23 February 2013

A Good Education!

The cold snap brought with it some sunny dry weather this week so the decision was easy to make to start some commuting on the bike again and to use the Giant while the Cube has its mucky parts replace after the cyclo-cross season.
The first commute gave me the oppurtunity to take the long route home and enjoy the sunshine.
The second was done over the shortest distance possible. I am curtrently doing the 5:2 diet(fasting on 2 days a week) and this was one of my fast days. Not easy but not quite as hard as I'd thought making the 24 mile round trip on a bowl of soup midday.
Anyway its all good practice for three weeks of commuting everyday while the school competes again in the Sustrans Big Pedal for three weeks. Crosshouse were the champions of Scotland last year and 3rd in the whole of the UK so here's hoping for even better results this time around. Also have two trvale plan conferences coming up where I get to showcase the fab cycling that has been happening in my school to local authorities in my area. All Good Education!
The Longer Commute
The Normal Commute

No comments:

Post a Comment