Wednesday 3 April 2013

Tour De Ayrshire

Headed out on what was a cold but sunny day for a big ride through the wilds of Ayrshire. Headed to Galston before taking the back road to Sorn, Auchinleck and Cumnock. From Cumnock I took the wilderness route over to Dalmellington. It was a bit weird but very picturesque riding on dry roads but with 6ft of snow either side. Very Passo del Stelvio!



After Dalmellington I took a singletrack road over to Straiton which was terrific and very remote. Great descent into Straiton, hitting 75kph at one point.
On the return journey which started the loop back around Dalrymple there was a head wind. Not a strong one but dry and cold enough to make my eyes bright red by the time I arrived home through Coylton, Annbank, Tarbolton and Galston again.
Then I recovered the way any self respecting pro-rider does......with a haggis supper and a Peroni!

No comments:

Post a Comment