Thursday 22 August 2013

1st Place Shocker

Well it happened. I came 1st in a bike race. I went along to the trails at Craufurdland Castle for the last round of XC in the Ayrshire Mountain bike Series run by Walkers Cycling and Extreme Valley Riders. In the two years it has ran this is only the second time I've been able to make this local event and the firts time was cancelled because of flooding.
Anyway I duly entered the adult (17+) category in which there were only 4 riders. Never the less I took the lead on lap 1 and held it under pressure from Alec Crawford (course designer no less) to take my first ever podium.
The prize from walkers was great. A good bag with gift vouchers, water bottle and a cracking camelbak!
Don't have any pictures other than my legs post race.
Check out the Garmin details below!
So chuffed!


No comments:

Post a Comment