Monday 14 November 2016

SCX Champs 2016 Round 3, Fife College, Dunfermline

For Remembrance Day the Scottish Cyclocross series did its best to replicate the conditions of the Somme with plenty of mud to get in to every bearing of your bike and every part of your body.
By the time the Open race started 500 riders had been over the muck to make it slippy at best hellish at worst.
Again I tried to push hard at the start to get a better spot but the first corner was a massive dismount into unrideable mud.
There were more flowing rooty parts of the course which made up for the mud slog parts and I didnt need to make a bike change which I have had to do in muddy races in the past.
As last week I finished in the 60's (66th out of 100) and was pleased again to be beating some people and reeling in a few that in previous years have beaten me.
It sounds depressing to come that low down a field however the sport is ever increasing its popularity and the guys winning theses races are up to 18 years my junior and really top class athletes with international experience.
The great thing about cross though is that in every race you can have your own wee mini battles....which right now I seem to be winning.








No comments:

Post a Comment