Thursday 24 November 2016

SCXChamps - Round 5 - Irvine Beach

This was my first race at Irvine for 2 years as last year was missed through injury (footballing) so it was great to return.
The course was a new layout but running really fast with old classics like the roller coaster like big dipper and the leg sapping sand pit to traverse.
This season has not been great on the wellness front and a slightly upset stomach didn't help my efforts as I was sick on the move in lap two.
However I managed to steady myself (apart from the fall on the last lap) to reel in a few of my weekly sparring partners to claim 55th.
This turned out to be my best result of the season on what I'd probably like to call my home course.
Next up is the Scottish Championships at Lochore Meadows in Fife which if memory serves is a mud bath.
After that I am finished with the Scottish series as I wont be going to Mull for the final round but hopefully after Christmas I will be taking part in all 4 rounds of the Super Quaich.












No comments:

Post a Comment