Sunday 27 October 2013

Bravehearts and World Champions

I took part in the annual Braveheart Cycle from my home town of Kilmarnock yesterday. The Braveheart Fund was launched in 2003 by former British champion, Motorola professional and Giro d’Italia survivor Brian Smith. Its aim is simple: to raise the funds to allow young Scottish cyclists, be they roadies, trackies or mountain bikers, to fulfil their potential.


I was doing it with Tony and Danny who I completed the Etape with earlier in the year. We took it at a casual place so we could stay together and enjoy the chat.
Danny, Tony, Lone Biker


Highlight of my day was meeting World Champion (CycloX, Mountain Bike, Track and Road) and Olympic Road Race gold medallist Marianne Vos. Truly one of the greatest cyclists of all time. I was also fortunate enough to meet Tour Legend Sean Kelly as well.
Marianne Vos and Me







No comments:

Post a Comment