Tuesday 15 October 2013

Glentress Red and Blue

I headed over to Glentress for some MTB action today. I sometimes forget I was (am?) a mountain biker originally. Its just that with the price of petrol, the constraints on time and the ease of road biking to your door and back mountain biking has taken a back seat over the last year or 2.
Anyway I took the opportunity to don the baggy shorts today and had a blast completing most of the Red Route and then heading back up to do the amazing Blue descent.
The route is slightly more entertaining now as you have people zip wiring above and below you as there is now a Go Ape there.
I took my own sandwiches for lunch. I used to look forward to some scran at the Hub but alas it is scandalously no more and the newer franchise in its place is over priced and underwhelming. Nothing will ever rival the Hub's millionaire shortbread or nachos.
Anywhoo, take a look at my route below. Sadly the photo is a stock photo as I forgot my phone to take pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment